Tuna and Potato Cakes
Great for baby-led weaning and the whole family will enjoy too.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 500 g Potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 x 160g (120g drained) Tinned Tuna chunks in water
- 2 Spring Onion (finely chopped)
- Juice of one lime
- Small handful of chopped Coriander (cilantro)
- Bread Crumbs (super fine)
- Oil for coating / frying
- Cook the potatoes until tender, drain and mash.
- Add the tuna, spring onion, lime juice, coriander and stir until combined.
- Shape the cakes with your hands (I made around 16 cakes)
- Roll in the breadcrumbs until coated.
- Heat a non stick frying pan and lightly spray with oil, fry on both sides until golden.
Alternatively spray the fish cakes with oil and cook in a pre heated oven (200c / 400F) for 20-25 mins or until golden. Turn halfway through cook time and spray the other side of the fish cakes before returning to oven.