Carrot Apple Muffins (No added sugar)
These Carrot Apple Muffins are sweetened only with fruit.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 tbsp (46g) coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 apple (grated)
- 1 packed cup (145g) grated carrot
- 1/3 cup (80g) apple puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 190c/375f and prepare muffin tin with liners. (I made 16 muffins)
- Melt coconut oil and add to the mashed banana, stir to combine.
- Add the apple puree, apple, carrot, eggs, milk and combine.
- Mix the flour, ground almonds, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt together
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir.
- Fill each muffin case to the top with the mixture and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts (optional)
- Bake for approx. 35 mins (until golden brown and you can stick a knife in and it comes out clean.)
- Leave to cool for 10 mins.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container
Can be frozen