Fruity Chickpea Cookies
Healthy cookies made from chickpeas, chia seeds and fruit. No refined sugar and sweetened only with fruit.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 12 cookies
Calories: 107 kcal
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 400 g can chick peas (drained and thoroughly washed)
- 1 small ripe banana
- 95 g (1/3 cup) apple puree
- 70 g (3/4 cup) rolled oats
- 25 g (5 small) dates**
- 75 g (1/2 cup) frozen raspberries
- 45 g (1/4 cup) frozen blueberries
- Pre heat oven to 180c /350 F / Gas 4 and prepare two baking trays with baking paper / re usable baking sheets.
- Combine the chia seeds, water and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, banana, apple puree, oats and dates to a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add the chia seed mixture and pulse until combined.
- Remove blade and stir through the raspberries and blueberries.
- Form table spoon sized cookies onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 mins.
** You may wish to add more dates / sweeter of choice if you are looking for a sweeter cookie.
Nutritional Information is a GUIDE only and is calculated using an online nutrition calculator.