Fruity Oat Breakfast Bites
Oats baked with fruit to make little hand held breakfast bites or a healthy kids’ snacks. Great for blw (baby-led weaning).
Course Breakfast / Snack
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 23 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups (195g) rolled oats
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk of choice
- 150 g frozen mixed berries
- A couple of drops of good quality vanilla extract (optional)
- Coconut oil (or butter) for greasing.
- Pre heat oven to 180c / 350F / Gas 4
- Mash the bananas and then stir in the oats.
- Add the milk, egg & vanilla and stir until fully combined.
- Add the berries and stir until evenly distributed through the mixture. I like to break up some of the bigger berries through the mixture.
- Grease muffin tray using oil or butter (or use a silicon tray) and pour mixture to the top of each section.
- Bake until cooked through (a cocktail stick should come out clean) approx. 18 mins if using a mini muffin tray or approx. 25 min if using a standard tray.