Sweetcorn Quinoa Fritters
Made with store cupboard / freezer ingredients and easy to make. Great for baby-led weaning, toddlers and for lunch boxes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup (95g) quinoa (I used tri colour)
- 1 cup (250ml) low sodium chicken stock (can use water if you prefer / cooking for baby)
- 3 cups (360g) frozen sweetcorn
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (70g) buckwheat flour (can use plain if you prefer)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- oil for frying
- Heat the chicken stock in a pan. Once at the boil add the quinoa, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to sit for 5 mins with the lid still on.
- In a large mixing bowl add the sweetcorn and quinoa and stir to combine. (This will defrost the sweetcorn and cool down the quinoa)
- Add the spring onion and the eggs and stir again
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir until combined.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and add in a heaped tablespoon of the batter. Press down gently with a spatula and repeat until the frying pan is full.
- Fry the fritters on a medium heat for approximately 3/4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.